If you get HDMI no sound error in Windows 10, don’t worry. Many Windows 10 users are able to resolve this problem with one of the following solutions. You may not have to try all of the solutions. Just work from the top down until you find the one that works.
Solution1: Set HDMI Device as Default Device
If the HDMI device is not set as default device, you cannot hear the sound from HDMI output. Follow steps below to set the HDMI device as Default Device:
1) Right-click on sound volume icon in the lower right corner of Windows. A context menu will pop up.
2) Click Playback devices.
3) In the Playback tab, select Digital Output Device or HDMI option. Click Set Default and click OK. Then the HDMI sound output will be set as default.
If you do not see the Digital Output Device or HDMI option in the Playback tab, right click on the blank place, then click Show disconnected devices and Show disabled devices on the context menu. Then set it as default device.
Solution 2: Update the Sound Driver
Your hdmi no sound problem can be caused by driver issues. To fix the problem, you can try to update the sound driver.
There are two ways you can get the right drivers for your sound card: manually or automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update your sound drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for your sound card, and searching for the most recent correct sound driver. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your variant of Windows 10.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your audio drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your sound card, and your variant of Windows 10, and it will download and install them correctly:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged audio driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Solution 3: Check if all hardware devices work properly
If above solutions don’t work for you, broken hardware devices may be the caused. So check if all hardware devices work properly.
1. Check if the cable has problem. Use another cable to and see if the problem resolves.
2. Check if the output port works fine. If your PC has multiple HDMI output ports, try different ports and see if the problem resolves.
3. Check if the monitor works properly. Make sure the monitor’s speaker volume is not turned down or muted. Then try connecting the monitor to another PC.
Hope the instructions here helps you resolve the problem.
My name is PaRa Mu Dita, a web Master, web Developer and Adventurer. Doing work for last 2 years and Running A lot of Techno Sites.