It should have been your wonderful rest day for Xbox One games. But now you’re struggling with this problem: your Xbox One won’t connect to Xbox Live. You must be very annoyed since you can’t join with your friends together into your favorite game on Xbox Live. But don’t worry. Many Xbox One Users encounter this problem as you do. And this is not a difficult problem to resolve. You can fix it by yourself.
How do I fix Xbox One Won’t Connect to Xbox Live?
This article covers 4 easy methods for you to try. You may not need to try them all. Just start from the top and work your way down. Then you may solve your problem.
Try one at a time:
- Hard reset your Xbox One and modem
- Change IP settings and DNS settings on Xbox Live
- Check the services related to Xbox Live
- Update your network adapter software and Xbox One controller software
Sometimes a hard-reset can help you fix some strange problems. A hard-reset of Xbox One controller and modem helps many users fix the Xbox One not connecting to Xbox Live error. So make sure to give it a shot.
How to hard reset your Xbox One:
1) Press and hold the Xbox Logo on your console until the console shuts off.
2) Wait for a while then turn your console back on by pressing the same Xbox button on your console.
How to hard reset your modem:
1) Use a pin or pen tip to hold the reset button of your modem for 30 seconds.
Note: You should see the power light blinking.
2) Release your hands and wait till the power light is steady.
Now try to see if your Xbox One could be connected to Xbox Live.
The IP settings and DNS settings could also have an effect on the connection between your Xbox One and Xbox Live.
Follow the steps here to correct it:
1) Click the Settings icon on left side of your Xbox Live. Then click All settings.
2) Click Network. Then select Network settings on the right pane.
3) Go on to click Advanced settings.
4) Click IP settings and set it to be Automatic.
5) Now it’s back to Advanced settings. This time click DNS settings and set it to be Automatic.
Now try to connect your Xbox one to Xbox Live.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R key together to invoke the Run box.
2) Enter services.msc in the box and click OK.
3) Scroll down on the open Services window. Find and right click on Xbox Live Networking Service. Then select Properties.
4) On Gerenal pane, set its Startup type to Automatic from the drop-down menu.
Then click Apply > OK to save your settings.
5) Now it’s back on Services window, right-click on Xbox Live Networking Service again. This time select Start.
Note: If the Start option grayed out, select Restart instead.
Go on to do the same settings for Xbox Live Auth Manager and Xbox Live Game Save via the same steps above. They’re ussually listed closed to Xbox Live Networking Service.
Your Xbox One won’t connect to Xbox Live could also being caused by driver issue, either your network adapter driver or Xbox One controller driver. The steps above may resolve it, but if they don’t, please update these two drivers. You can choose to download the latest drivers from their manufacturer’s website manually. Alternatively, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy to save much more time.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to any flagged driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
After updating the drivers, please restart your computer to make the new drivers take effect.
My name is PaRa Mu Dita, a web Master, web Developer and Adventurer. Doing work for last 2 years and Running A lot of Techno Sites.