Snipping Tool in Windows 10 – Many windows 10 users are looking for easy ways to do screenshots with their computer screens. But they don’t know how. Don’t worry, you can do it all with Snipping Tool. Using this tool you will be able to do screenshot more freely as you want.
But before proceeding to the discussion of the steps to take a screenshot with the Snipping Tool on Windows 10, we recommend that you find out more about this screenshot app for Windows.
What is Snipping Tool
Snipping Tool is one of the default application programs for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and later which serves to take screenshots or screenshots of computer/laptop screens. This windows app can take screenshots in a free-form area (free-form snip), rectangular areas, (Rectangular snip), screenshots of an open windows (snip window) or the entire screen (full-screen snip).
Snipping Tool Features
Snips from this tool can then be annotated using a mouse or a tablet, stored as an image file or an MHTML file, or even as attachment on e-mail.
Basically, the Snipping Tool consists of 5 buttons as shown above. These five buttons each perform the following functions:
- [New] button: Click this button to take a screenshot that matches the desired mode.
- [Mode] button : Allows us to choose various types of screenshots such as taking screenshots in free form (free form snip), rectangular shapes (Rectangular snip), screenshots of certain windows (snip window) and full screen screenshots (full screen snip).
- [Delay] button : Delay screenshots for 1, 2, 3, 4 to 5 seconds.
- [Cancel] button : To cancel the current screenshot capture action.
- [Options] button : To do some of the settings needed on the Snipping Tool.
5 Ways to open Snipping Tool in Windows 10
We can open the Sniping Tool application program in Windows 10 in several ways, please follow one of this method:
Method 1: Using the Search Bar
In the Search Bar, type “Snipping Tool” and then click the search result, [ Snipping Tool ] as shown below.
Method 2: Using the Start Menu
Click the [Windows] logo to display the Start Menu, scroll down to search [Windows Accessories], click [Windows Accessories] then find and click [ Snipping Tool ].
Method 3: Using Run Command
Press the [ Windows ] + [ R ] logo on the computer keyboard to open Window Run Command. Type ” snipping tool ” in the city of Run Command and then click [ OK ] or press [ Enter ] on the keyboard.
Method 4: Open it via CMD.
Launch Command Prompt, type snippingtool.exe then tap Enter.
Method 5: Turn it on via Windows PowerShell.
Access Windows PowerShell, input snippingtool and press Enter.
How to use the Snipping Tool to take screenshots on Windows 10
After we understand the User Interface Snipping Tool and also how to open the Snipping Tool application program. Now is the time for us to do a Screenshot or Print Screen using the Snipping Tool in Windows 10. The following are the steps to take a screenshot with the Snipping Tool.
- Open the Snipping Tool Application Program on our computer using one of the methods mentioned above.
- On the User Interface Snipping Tool, click [Mode] then select and click the type of screenshot that we want.
Note: we can also directly use [New] to do a screenshot on our computer screen.
- After clicking the screenshot mode of our choice (for example Rectangle) or clicking [New], the screen on our computer will fade and turn the mouse pointer into a Cross-hair pattern that is shaped like a “+” sign. This allows us to select the area we want to screenshot by holding down the mouse button and dragging the cursor in the area we want.
- After the area we want is selected, release the mouse button. The screenshot will be automatically copied to the Clipboard.
- Next, check the results of the screenshot and click the [Save] icon or click [File] > [Save As] to save the screenshot to the location we want on our computer.
Snipping Tool Shortcuts
There will always be shortcuts in the Windows Operating System. Here we go, some
|Press these keys||To do this|
|Alt + M||Choose a snipping mode|
|Alt + N||Create a new snip in the same mode as the last one|
|Shift + arrow keys||Move the cursor to select a rectangular snip area|
|Alt + D||Delay capture by 1-5 seconds|
|Ctrl + C||Copy the snip to clipboard|
|Ctrl + S||Save the snip|
Snipping Tool Alternative
If you need snipping tool replacement windows 10, maybe you can try one of these app. Here we go, we have a list of 5 best alternatives for snipping tool. And all of this screenshot app is Free!
LightShot is my personal favourite when it comes to screenshot capturing, probably because it is free and usable! It’s an extremely simple installation procedure, after which it can replace snipping tool, with some superb features.
PicPick is a fully-fledged screen capture tool and a snipping tool alternative that gives prominence to editing aspects! When you need a screenshot that is graphically rich, you can pick PicPick.
Greenshot is yet another fully-fledged screenshot capture tool that you can grab for free! Although available only for PCs running on Windows, Greenshot is free and open-source and is hosted by SourceForge.
DuckCapture is a fully-fledged screenshot capturing solution you can find when snipping tool isn’t enough! It has all features you need for capturing, editing and sharing screenshots you take.
Jing is another screenshot capturing solution and a snipping tool alternative from TechSmith, one of whose products are mentioned in the first part.
So that’s it. Now you understand more about this tool and How to use this Snipping Tool on Windows 10 to take a custom-able screenshot. We hope this article can help beginners like us.
My name is PaRa Mu Dita, a web Master, web Developer and Adventurer. Doing work for last 2 years and Running A lot of Techno Sites.