If you’re also bugging by SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION blue screen of death, no worries. Many Windows users have seen it before. It’s possible to fix, however scary the blue screen looks like. Here are 4 solutions for you to try.
You may not need to try them all, just work your way down until you find the one works for you.
1: Revise Recent Changes
2: Run a System File Checker
3: Update Graphics Drivers (Recommended)
4: Uninstall Any Third-party Antivirus Applications
Note: You need to logon to your desktop to follow the steps below. If you’re having trouble restarting your PC, go to Option One in this post here to logon to the desktop.
(* The screen shots are from Windows 10, but all the fixes work for Windows 7 as well.)
One of the causes of this blue screen error could be recent changes you’ve made to your system. If you’ve added new hardware or software to your system recently, remove them to see if the problem is fixed.
System Service Exception blue screen error could also related to corrupted or faulty system files. System File Checker helps you replace any possible corrupted system files. To run it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo and S at the same time, type in cmd. right-click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
2) Type chkdsk /f /r, then press Enter on your keyboard.
3) Press Y on your keyboard.
4) Restart your PC. Wait for the scans to finish (it can take up to 15-20 minutes).
5) Check if the problem is resolved.
If your graphics drivers are passing bad data to the kernel code, System_Service_Exception blue screen is very likely to occur. To fix it, you can update your graphics drivers.
You can update your display card driver by yourself, or you can choose to do it automatically with Driver Easy.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged graphics card device to automatically download and install the correct version of it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Antivirus programs besides Windows Defender are reported to have close link to this blue screen of death error.
If you’re using antivirus software such as McAfee, BitDefender, Virtual Clone Drive etc., you should disable them. Better yet, uninstall them completely from your computer. Windows Defender is more than enough for ordinary users.
If the issue is indeed related to third-party antivirus program, contact their support for more assistance.
IMPORTANT: Be extremely careful about the website you are to visit when you have no antivirus applications installed. You should leave Windows Defender on all the time.
My name is PaRa Mu Dita, a web Master, web Developer and Adventurer. Doing work for last 2 years and Running A lot of Techno Sites.