If you’re on Windows and you see the error message saying The Spotify application is not responding, you’re not alone. Many Windows users are reporting this problem as well. But no worries, it’s possible and quite easy to fix.
Here are 3 solutions for you to try. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down until you find the one works for you.
One of the causes of the Spotify not responding problem can be faulty Spotify files. You should do a clean reinstall of Spotify to see if the problem is resolved:
Note: The screen shots are shown on Windows 10, but all fixes apply to Windows 7 and Windows 8 as well.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type %appdata% and press Enter.
2) Right-click the Spotify folder and click Delete.
3) Go to Spotify website to download the latest version of Spotify and install it again.
2. End Spotify tasks using too much PC resource
In some cases, your system will interfere with applications using too much PC resources. You can shut down certain programs and try to re-open Spotify.
1) Right-click the taskbar at the bottom of your PC desktop and click Task Manager.
2) Right-click the Spotify application running and click End task. If you have more than one entry, repeat to end all the tasks listed.
3) Open your Spotify again to see if the problem is resolved.
If with some method on above your Spotify App for Windows still not working, it’s time you switch to other Music applications. We recommended you to using the iTunes from Apple. Now, iTunes is compatible with your Windows system. And it’s free. So, Download iTunes for Windows 10/8.1/8/7 64 bit and 32 bit now.
3. Update missing drivers
Another thing you should look into is whether you have the correct drivers installed. You should verify that all your devices have the right driver, and update those that don’t.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with driver tools like Driver Easy.
My name is PaRa Mu Dita, a web Master, web Developer and Adventurer. Doing work for last 2 years and Running A lot of Techno Sites.