If you are on Windows 10, and you have no Internet access even though your computer is connected, you are not alone. Many Windows 10 users are reporting this issue. But the good news is you can fix it.
Here are four solutions you can try. You don’t have to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works.
Restarting your modem and router can help you create a new connection to the Internet. To do so:
1) Turn off your computer, modem and router.
2) Unplug the power cable for your modem and router from the power source.
3) Wait for at least 30 seconds.
4) Plug your modem and router back into the power source and turn them on. Then wait a few minutes for them to fully power on.
5) Turn on your computer. Then try your network connection and see if your computer has got the Internet access.
The error can be caused by interference from your security software. To see if that’s the problem for you, temporarily turn off your security software (firewall, antivirus software, etc) and check if the problem is resolved. (Consult your software documentation for instructions to disable it.)
If this resolves the problem, contact the vendor of your security software and ask them for advice, or install a different security program.
IMPORTANT: Be extra careful what sites you visit, what emails you open and what files you download when your security software is disabled.
The error may occur if you are using the wrong network driver or it is out of date. You should update your network adapter driver to see if this fixes your problem. If you’re not confident playing around with drivers, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
It can also help you update your network driver when your computer has no Internet access. To do so:
1) Install Driver Easy on your computer. Then open this program.
2) Click Tools
3) Click Offline Scan.
4) Select Offline Scan and then click Continue.
5) Choose a location to save your scan result. Then click Offline Scan to perform the scan.
6) Copy the result file to another computer that has Internet access. Then install and open Driver Easy on that computer.
7) Go to Tools -> Offline Scan.
8) Select Upload Offline Scan File. Then click Continue.
9) Upload the scan result and click continue.
10) Click Download to download the correct driver for your network adapter.
11) Move the driver file to your computer. Then double click it to install the driver.
12) Restart your computer. Check to see if you’ve got the Internet access.
Resetting your network can set the settings of your network adapter to the defaults. This can help you fix network issues. To reset your network:
1) Select the Start button. Then select Settings.
2) Select Network & Internet.
3) Select Network reset.
4) Click Restart now.
5) Wait for your computer to restart and see if this resolves your problem.
My name is PaRa Mu Dita, a web Master, web Developer and Adventurer. Doing work for last 2 years and Running A lot of Techno Sites.